Developmental educators assist people to improve their quality of life. We assist people with all forms of disabilities to develop skills and maintain an active role in the community and employment to ensure that people with a disability are recognised, valued and respected.
I have worked in the disability industry for over 15 years and my personal aim is to work from a holistic and strengths-based approach to enhance the skills that individuals with disabilities need for everyday living and participation.
I believe that the support provided to families as a whole strengthens their confidence and consistency when responding to the needs of the family member with a disability.
TAFE Certificate III – Disability Studies
TAFE Certificate IV – Mental Health (non-clinical)
TAFE Certificate IV – Training and Assessment
Bachelor Degree in Developmental Education (Flinders University)
Senior First Aid Certificate, Child Safe Environments and National Police Checks, Trauma Informed Care and MAPA.
How I work:
• Person centred and family centred focus
• Ability to work within constraints of funding
• Vast knowledge and experience in providing support and therapy to meet individual goals within the NDIS
• Experience and knowledge in restrictive practices
• Ability to provide comprehensive needs assessments and risk management assessments
• Ability to conduct developmental and behavioural assessments
• Knowledge and experience in providing developmentally appropriate skills training programs and groups for people with disabilities including social skills and independent living skills training
If you are interested in speaking further about the services I offer, please do not hesitate to contact me via the link below.
I look forward to speaking with you soon.